Our Social Responsibility Policies
As an ethical company with Fair Trade at the foundation of all that we do, Lucy Bee takes its social responsibility seriously. This includes the quality of our products and how they are grown; our charitable donations; ensuring an ethical supply chain; and eco-friendly packaging, all of which are certified, monitored and audited as follows:
- Lucy Bee complies with the EU Organic Regulation
- Lucy Bee also meets Soil Association’s own additional higher standards to ensure the highest possible standards of animal welfare, environmental and wildlife protection.
- Lucy Bee can confirm that the farmers, packers, food processors and organic retailers meet the organic standards set out by Soil Association.
Cruelty Free International/Leaping Bunny:
- Lucy Bee does not and shall not conduct, commission, or be a party to Animal Testing of any cosmetic and/or household products including, without limitation, formulations and ingredients of such products.
- Lucy Bee does not and shall not purchase any ingredient, formulation, or product from any third-party manufacturer or supplier that conducted, commissioned, or had been party to animal testing on said ingredient, formulation, or product. If a formulation, ingredient, or product is found not to comply with the standard, the company will replace it with an alternative that complies with the standard’s criteria or remove it from the product range.
- Lucy Bee does not use palm oil in any of its products not even sustainable palm oil.
- Lucy Bee does not use any ingredients that are derived from palm oil in any of its products.
- Lucy Bee can confirm that we exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.
- Lucy Bee products carrying the Vegan Society certification are fully compliant with the Societies rules and regulations.
Ethical Best Buy:
- Lucy Bee is the Number 1 Ethical Best Buy as awarded by the Ethical Consumer Guide for Coconut Oil, Coconut Milk, Creamed Coconut, Soap and Skincare.
- Lucy Bee purchases all ingredients from companies that have an ethical workplace policy in place
- All of the Lucy Bee products which can be Fair Trade are Fair Trade and because of this Lucy Bee can ensure that there is no animal cruelty, or child labour involved with our production line. We are also sure that workers are not exploited and are on contracts and receive a fair wage.
- Lucy Bee pays a 10% premium for the farm gate price of its products, which is used to benefit the local community for that product, in the form of sustainable community projects AND a fair wage and price for their products.
- Lucy Bee gives 0.75% of its sales to the FairTSAto allow them to continue their work, including auditing and compliance of the Fair Trade scheme.
- Lucy Bee can guarantee through its Fair Trade scheme no child labour and fair wages and contracts for all workers and that monkeys are not used to harvest the coconuts.
- Lucy Bee products are packaged in BRC Grade A plants in the UK and the Philippines.
- Lucy Bee aims to use to totally eco-friendly packaging and reduce waste in all areas possible.
- Lucy Bee use recyclable glass jars and BPA free lids with a recyclable, compostable and biodegradable easy peel label.
- Lucy Bee use FSC card for their packaging which means everything is recyclable, compostable and biodegradable.
- Lucy Bee have reduced waste and plastic by replacing old card trays and plastic shrink-wrap with outer cardboard boxes.
- Lucy Bee coconuts are grown in an eco-friendly agroforestry environment amongst banana trees. Agroforestry contributes to soil fertility, cleaner water through reduced nutrient and soil run off and it allows for other crops to be grown between the coconut trees.
Organic Food Federation:
- Lucy Bee buy into the need to protect our individual health and the health of the planet by following organic ways of production and avoiding non-organic pesticides and intensive farming practices.
- Lucy Bee can confirm that their products are traceable from farm to the fork because every stage of the journey is inspected and certified.
- Lucy Bee uses the Vegetarian Society Approved logo to give consumers the ultimate reassurance that their products are truly vegetarian.
- Lucy Bee donates to a chosen charity for every box of Bath Salts sold.
- Lucy Bee provides natural, palm oil free soaps to Malawi and the Philippines.
- Lucy Bee soap bars are manufactured in the UK providing employment in a deprived area of Glasgow.