I notice such a difference in my complexion and face when I do a facial massage, it really helps to get rid of any puffiness and dark circles under eyes. This was something that I did a lot with the lead up to my wedding.
So why should you give yourself a facial massage?
- It increases the blood flow, bringing oxygen to the skin's surface, which can cause the skin to look brighter and more hydrated.
- It also encourages toxins to move to the lymph nodes, which helps with dark circles under the eyes, this can also help to stop skin from breakouts.
- It helps with blocked up sinuses that cause puffiness and headaches. I can always feel tension around my eyebrows, so it really helps and is very soothing. It also helps with puffy eyes and cheeks.
- It also has a firming and sculpting effect on your muscles – helping with anti-aging
Do this as often as possible. I try to do it before bed, or in front of the TV as you don’t even realise you are doing it when you get into the habit of it. I do three of each move, sometimes more.
How to do it?
- Warm up your Lucy Bee Coconut Oil in your hand and apply to your face, a little goes a long way so only use a small amount.
- I always start on my jaw as I always notice bloating around this area. I like to be quite firm but do a pressure that works for you.
- Your facial muscles are arranged diagonally in line with your cheek bones, so apply long strokes upwards to give them a workout and tighten your skin.
- Lightly tap along the orbital bone (part of your eye socket) underneath your eye to get rid of puffiness. This will stimulate the lymphatic system, which lies just underneath the skin’s surface and gets rid of excess fluid. Work from the inner corner of your eyes towards your ears, where the lymph nodes are located to flush it out.
- Pinch along your brows to release tension that leads to furrows and stop the upper eyelids from sagging.
Give it a go and let me know your thoughts and if you notice a difference!