Turkey Mozzarella Meatballs
30 - 35 minutes
Makes 10 - 12 meatballs
Gluten Free, Wheat Free
- 375g turkey mince
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 50g gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- A pinch of Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns, ground, to season
- 1 egg
- 40g mozzarella, cut into squares
- 1 tsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- A handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Add the turkey mince, white onion, breadcrumbs, dried basil, Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt, ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns and egg to a large mixing bowl and fully combine using your hands.
- Take a large tablespoon of the mixture and create a flat burger shape in your hand, add a mozzarella square to the centre of the mixture and fold the mixture around the cheese to close it. Repeat the process until all the mince has been used.
- In a frying pan, add Lucy Bee Coconut Oil to a medium heat, along with the meatballs and fry for 5 minutes, just enough to seal the edges of the meatballs. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the garlic, chilli and tomato puree and fry for 2 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes. Stir together and cook for around 2 minutes, before adding the meatballs. Turn the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer around the meatballs. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the freshly chopped basil. Turn the meatballs and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of pasta, some fresh basil and ground Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns.
You may also like