Chicken and Fennel with Butter Beans
1 hour 30 minutes
Gluten Free, Wheat Free
- 8 chicken thighs skinned with or without bone
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 jar red peppers (skinned and seeded) I use Fragata Peppers Pimiento Piquillo
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. pimento (hot, medium or mild)
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- ½ chorizo, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and Lucy Bee Whole Black Peppercorns ground, to season
- Parsley, chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- In a heavy based pan, sauté the onions in Lucy Bee Coconut Oil until soft (not burnt), then add the garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes .
- Add the celery and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes (I often turn the heat down and cover with a lid at this point, the onions, garlic and celery soften without burning).
- Add the chorizo and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and pimento and mix in with the onions, garlic, chorizo and celery - everything should be looking red now!
- Stir in the fennel seeds and red peppers and add the tomatoes, chicken stock and beans. Season with Lucy Bee Himalayan Salt and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover and place in a pre heated oven for 1 ½ hours.
- Before serving stir in a generous amount of chopped parsley.
You may also like